Junior Infants Workpack & Activities
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Please find activities for your child to complete during the school closure in his/her homework folder.
- Workpack- this can be completed at your child’s own pace. Encourage him/her to take their time with colouring etc. There is nothing in this pack that your child hasn’t learned in school already.
- Go With the Flow- your child can work on the rest of this book. Not all skills will have been covered (e.g. cursive letters) but they will be taught on our return to school.
- Sounds- please use the sound cards provided throughout the year so far to practise phonics.
- Word Lists- list 9 is being sent home and all other lists can be practised.
- Tricky Words- each child received words 1-10 and a list with words 11-20 is now in the homework folder. Some of these words have not yet been covered in depth in class yet, but there is no harm in practising as many as possible!
- Reading- please continue to read to and with your child everyday.
- Writing and fine motor skills- writing, drawing, cutting, playdoh, jigsaws, lego etc. are all great activities to keep your child busy and those little hands strong 🙂